A City Center is the founding building for every city. When visiting a city through Estates, this where you'll end up. Any City Center that you have ever visited will be permanently in your Estates menu, so you can go back anytime by paying the Roc Feathers.
Joining a City
If you aren't a member of any other city, you can do so by building a City House on city territory. A City House costs 2 Wood and 1000 Gold to construct.
Your First Oil Well
The first thing to do after joining a City is to find an unclaimed Oil Well. Travel around on the city flags until you find one that you can claim.
As of the update on 07/12/2011, players can no longer obtain Refined Oil at a City Center. City Mayors must now build an Oil Refinery near the City Center for 2,000 City Coins, 50 Iron, and 100 Wood. Players need not be residents of the city to use the Oil Refinery.
Each unit of Refined Oil costs 5 Crude Oil and 1 Food
Leaving a City
You can only be a member of one city at a time. If you want to join a different city, first you'll have to visit your current city's City Center, tap it, and select "Leave City." You will be prompted that leaving the City will destroy your City buildings and golems. You may then tap the City Center again and select "Leave City" to successfully leave the city.
CAUTION: If you leave the city you are currently a member of, all of your city buildings (Oil Wells, Crystal Huts, Armories, etc) and your Golems will all be destroyed automatically. It is highly recommended to destroy these buildings yourself first so you get half of your resources back. You WILL however keep your research upgrades and points.
Founding a City
You can build a new City Center and found a new city, but it requires a lot of resources and a little teamwork. To build a City Center, you'll need to get two other players together and pick a spot. Then, the 1st player will build the foundation wherever he or she is standing. This player can build on unclaimed territory or on territory they own. The 2nd player will tap the foundation, and choose to "Add Walls." The 3rd and final player will tap the building and select "Finish City Center." Congratulations, you will have built a new city and all three of the founders will receive City Keys, allowing you to travel back to the City Center anytime you want, for free (via the Estates menu). Just remember, if the city is ever destroyed, the City Keys will no longer function.
You must be level 3 or higher to build a city center. You can't be part of another city when building a foundation, or when adding a wall or roof.
When a city is founded, it will annex exactly 10 flags. No Towers will be created.
Growth of Cities
- A player may use Crystal to expand the city, by converting his/her flags to City Flags.
- The maximum number of flags is 10 + 5 * number of active city members.
- To be considered an active city member, the player has to have logged in within the last 7 days.
- All City Flags will be automatically treated as hardened and have 4k HP total.
- Cities will not annex Flags that touch another City's Flags
- They have 5 levels, similar to Kingdom Towers.
- Level 1 - 1000 City Coins & 200 crystal
- Level 2 - 3000 City Coins & 400 crystal
- Level 3 - 10000 City Coins & 600 crystal
- Level 4 - 30000 City Coins & 800 crystal
- Level 5 - 100000 City Coins & 1,000 crystal
- They may only be upgraded by the Mayor.
- Each day, by earning pages on City Flags and collecting Crude Oil and Crystal from Oil Wells and Crystal Huts, every member earns City Coins for that city.
- At the end of the week, the highest earner will have the option to become Mayor.
- This is available via a message sent to the candidate and as an option found on their City Center.
- The current Mayor is visible to everyone.
- The Mayor may build some unique buildings for his/her City. The list of Mayor built buildings include:
- Excluding the City Coin costs, these building's material requirements come from the Mayor's pocket.
See Burn Time for burn and repair times.
- Any attack on any City-owned building will make you an enemy of that City for 24 hours. This means:
- You will not be able to use that City’s flags for travel.
- City towers will attack you.
- The Estate entry for that City will be removed.
- City Members and Founders will receive a message when any City Flag/Tower or their City Center is burning or destroyed.
There are two main ways to destroy city property: you can destroy the City Center or City Flags
- If a City Center is destroyed:
- All City Flags, City Watch Towers, and all the members’ City buildings as well as their golems, are destroyed.
- The Trade Post is also destroyed and all items currently posted will be returned to the Seller.
- The Estate listing is removed from all players.
- City Keys will break. The image will change and they no longer function.
- City Flag destruction
- You can only attack City Flags if there is a neighboring flag or buoy that is not part of that City. This includes flags from another City, personal flags, or kingdom flags.
- If a player-owned City building (ie: city house, oil well, crystal hut, armory, etc) is on a City Flag that is destroyed, the building will also be destroyed. The owner of the building will receive a notification if this happens.
- Must not currently be a member of any other city to found one.
- Must be close to real city center.
- City you are trying to found must have a real population > ~2000.
- City will create new flags if there are none to annex.
- Nothing protects a flag from annexation except Kingdom buildings (i.e. whether a flag is hardened, public or not makes no difference, all can be annexed by city except Kingdom buildings.)
- City Keys are awarded to each founder even when city remains incomplete. However, the City Keys will not work unless the City is complete.
- City names can be searched by using the players menu.
- City profiles can be viewed by tapping the City Center and selecting view profile, or tapping the City name within a players profile.
- City Center has 200,000 HP.
Next Section: Kingdom